Simulation result storage
In order to approach this I am thinking about creating a control widget to start/stop simulation recordings with the following considerations:
- Once a simulation has been started, the back-end will also initiate a connection to the simulator and start saving the incoming data (based to its model) into a CSV file.
- The user will be notified that the simulation will be interrupted if the user navigates out of the section.
- Within the control configuration, the user could select the simulators to save data from.
- The list of the results stored so far will be available as a separate entry "Results" in the main menu, with the option to download the CSV file.
- In order to visualize the results, a separate "static" plot widget could be created with the option to select a simulation result from the existing ones.
Option: Be able to set the duration of the simulation in the configuration. It will continue and automatically stop after this time if the user leaves the section.