Provide auto-layout option for CIM models missing DiagramObjects
As discussed the auto layout itself should be handled by a standalone tool.
Work on this standalone tool has already started: https://git.rwth-aachen.de/acs/core/cim/CIMelk
I imagine a workflow like this:
- User opens a CIM file without DiagramObjects
- Pintura shows a dialog and informs the user about the missing layout information.
- The same dialog offers the user the option to invoke our standalone CIM layouter
- Pintura runs the CIMelk layouter in the background
- Pintura loads the now layout'ed CIM file
- The user can adjust the layout and save the CIM file, now including the new DiagramObjects
/cc @markus.mirz /cc @rmarston